ACR bring us their first new music since 2008’s 'Mind Made Up' with 'acr:set', a career-spanning compilation.
+ LP version on coloured vinyl.
+ Whilst stocks last we have 10" x 8" photographic prints signed by A Certain Ratio and photographer Paul Husband to give away with CD and LP purchases.
‘Dirty Boy’ is a classic slice of A Certain Ratio pop funk and features the voice of Tony Wilson preparing the band for ‘The Fox’ recording session in his own inimitable fashion, plus vocals from Barry Adamson, who returns a favour to the band after they reworked 2017’s ‘I Got Clothes’.
The two new tracks, ‘Dirty Boy’ and ‘Make It Happen’ were recorded at Oxygene in Manchester, and both appear on the new best of compilation, acr:set. The album is made up of tracks that feature in the band’s incendiary live show (hence the title), and includes rare 7” and 12” mixes alongside the two new recordings and sleeve notes by DJ and writer Dave Haslam.
A Certain Ratio, known for their carnival atmosphere live performances have been playing blistering shows, recent sold out dates have included London and Brighton (with Sink Ya Teeth, who recently released their debut album) and Hebden Bridge (with Andrew Weatherall).
Do The Du (Casse) (1979)
Wild Party - 12” version (1985)
Flight - 12” version (1980)
And Then Again - 12” version (1980)
Forced Laugh (1981)
Wonder Y (1992)
Mickey Way (12” version, 1986)
27 Forever - 7” version (1991)
Won’t Stop Loving You - Bernard Sumner mix (1990)
Good Together - 12” version (1990)
Be What You Wanna Be - 12” version (1990)
Shack Up - 7” version (1980)
The Fox - US 12” version (1980)
Knife Slits Water - 7” version (1982)
Si Firmir O Grido (1986)
Dirty Boy Extended - featuring Barry Adamson (2018)
Make It Happen (2018)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.