The final phase in ACR's studio album reissue series. Here, 'Mind Made Up' appears on vinyl for the first time.
+ Indies only LP on double purple vinyl.
This is the latest installment in an ongoing collaboration with Mute and follows the release of 'The Graveyard And The Ballroom', 'To Each', 'Force', 'acr:mcr' and 'I'd Like To See You Again'. 'Up In Downsville' and the long out of print album 'Good Together' were out on 25 May 2018.
A new compilation is out later in 2018 and 2019 sees various box sets to mark the 40th anniversary of the first releases by the band.
A Certain Ratio, known for their carnival atmosphere live performances have been playing blistering sold out shows throughout 2017 and 2018.
ACR live is Jez Kerr, Donald Johnson, Martin Moscrop, Denise Johnson, Tony Quigley and Matt Steele.
A Certain Ratio embraced the ethic and culture of the late seventies post-punk explosion, but sounded like nothing else around them and refused to fit in. Formed in 1978, the band had various members throughout their career, and a core line-up of Jez Kerr, Martin Moscrop and Donald Johnson.
Hailed universally as pioneers of what became known as “punk funk” thanks to the success of ‘Shack Up’ on both sides of the Atlantic, their sound is not easily pigeon holed and their influence can never be understated. The band introduced the avant-garde elements of funk, jazz, electronics, tape loops and technology to the pop song, wrapping it in a post punk aesthetic, adding great clothes and the coolest haircuts.
They have gone on to influence generations of musicians - from LCD Soundsystem, Happy Mondays, Franz Ferdinand, ESG, Factory Floor and Andrew Weatherall.
A Certain Ratio + Mute = Good Together.
1 I Feel Light
2 Down, Down, Down
3 Everything Is Good
4 Way To Escape
5 Rialto 06
6 Mind Made Up
8 Bird To The Ground
10 Which Is Reality
12 Very Busy Man
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.