Recorded over a year and half with Jeff Zeigler (War on Drugs, Kurt Vile) at his Uniform Recording Studios in Eraserhood Philadelphia, the album is a conscious move away from the bright-dark, ambient maximalism of the band's acclaimed double LP, Ashes Grammar, and a move towards a post-millennial, up-front pop sound. Sea When Absent is simultaneously A Sunny Day in Glasgow at their most accessible, most insane, and most rock.
The first single, "In Love With Useless"?, which was released earlier this year received Pitchfork's "Best New Track"? distinction. The album recently received the same 'best new music' accolade with a huge 8.5 review, I believe the highest of the year so far.
1. Bye Bye, Big Ocean (The End)
2. In Love With Useless (The Timeless Geometry in the Tradition of Passing)
4. MTLOV (Minor Keys)
5. The Things They Do to Me
6. Boys Turn Into Girls (Initiation Rites)
7. Never Nothing (It's Alright [It's Ok])
8. Double Dutch
9. The Body, It Bends
10. Oh, I'm a Wrecker (What to Say to Crazy People)
11. Golden Waves
We have some bonus 'No Death' CD EP discs to give away, plus, branded Sunglasses.
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.