25th Anniversary edition in mirror board sleeve with three extra mixers from Pharrell, J Cole and Cee Lo.
It was on April 17, back in 1990, that A Tribe Called Quest released their truly unique debut, 'People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm' on Jive Records. Full of playful humour, abstract musings, teenage tales, social commentary, and distinctive production, the album channels and touches in on a spectrum of sentiments and feeling.
From such odes to adolescence as Bonita Applebum and I Left My Wallet in El Segundo to the philosophical leanings of tracks like Push It Along and Footprints, and the conscious themes of Description of a Fool and Luck of Lucien, Tribe were undeniably youthful old souls.
The remarkably experimental album (just dig the dawn-of-the-universe-esque intro) kicked off what was to become one of the most inspiring and influential careers in hip-hop. So many musicians and fans cite A Tribe Called Quest as their very favourite group that it is hard to imagine what the musical landscape might look like without their contribution.
Push It Along
Luck Of Lucien
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Can I Kick It?
Rhythm (Devoted To The Art Of Moving Butts)
Ham 'N' Eggs
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.