Acclaimed indie-rock project from Glasgow, centred around singer, guitarist and songwriter Stina Tweedale, are one of the most successful breakout Scottish acts in recent years. Their 2nd album Babes Never Die was nominated for Scottish Album Of The Year. The Dots is their first album on Marathon.
ALASKALASKA are an outlier. In a culture where genre lines are increasingly blurred, the previously tribal worlds that divided music largely disbanded, the South London group, headed by Lucinda Duarte-Holman and Fraser Rieley, feel sent from a not-so-distant future – one where freeform expression trumps any need for categorisation. Singer, guitarist and principal songwriter, Lucinda formed the group back in 2016, introducing bassist and producer Fraser, to her friends Calum Duncan (guitarist), Fraser Smith (saxophonist), and Gethin Jones (drummer), they began melding their wares to “start a project where we could write and play music that we found fun,” Lucinda explains, “without having a boundary.”
The group combine an appreciation for pop songwriting form with a myriad of
sounds, tastes and styles. Hashing together their disparate influences gave their
early works the push-pull feeling of a group digging out a trench between two worlds – as head-turning early single ‘Bitter Winter’ so succinctly put it, “I don’t fit in here”.
The Dots – ALASKALASKA’s debut album on Marathon Artists – is the
sound of the group finding that convergence. “That line is starting to blur away, or
merge a little bit,” says Lucinda.
1. The Dots
5. Tough Love
11. - - -
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.