A collection of drawings from the pencil of Ana da Silva, songwriter and musician in the legendary group The Raincoats. Having always drawn and written poetry, lyrics, ideas, in Love, oh love Ana presents us with these disparate elements merged together, combining to express, with a renewed vigour, her unique vision.
Ana da Silva is a founding member and songwriter of the pioneering post-punk band The Raincoats. Across four daring full-length records, The Raincoats helped shape the timeless notion that punk is what you make it to be—an act of raw expression, not any one sound. The Raincoats have offered creative and spiritual inspiration for several generations of artists, cited as a formative influence by Kurt Cobain, Carrie Brownstein, Bikini Kill, and Sex Pistols’ John Lydon. They set a crucial precedent for feminist work within a DIY punk context, marked all the while by Ana’s poetic lyrical style and innovative noise guitar playing. After The Raincoats’ hiatus in 1984, Ana collaborated with The Go-Betweens on their single Bachelor Kisses and she formed the band Roseland together with This Heat’s Charles Hayward. She wrote music and collaborated with choreographer/dancer Gaby Agis on Shouting Out Loud and Undine and the Still performed at Sadlers Wells, Riverside Studios, ICA and Almeida Theatre, London, and she wrote the music for Channel 4 film Freefall in 1988. Ana returned to songwriting and performing with The Raincoats after Kurt Cobain invited them to tour with Nirvana shortly before his untimely death in 1994, and they released an album Looking in the Shadows in 1995 on DGC and Rough Trade. In 2005, Ana released her solo debut, The Lighthouse—a self-recorded collection of spare, elegant experiments in electronic indie-pop on Chicks on Speed’s label. And in 2017 she collaborated with Japanese electronic performer Phew on the forthcoming album, Island to be released September 2018
First edition press is limited to 500 copies.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.