Tomb is the new album from Angelo De Augustine, his first recorded in a studio and produced by renowned musician Thomas Bartlett (aka Doveman: credits include work on albums for St. Vincent, Sufjan Stevens, Glen Hansard, and Rhye).
+ Available on limited Red or Yellow vinyl pressings.
A quiet heartache threads through Tomb. It’s a universal feeling, the kind that piles up over the years and yearns for resolution. The 12 songs came together quickly, out of necessity, following his first true heartbreak around Christmas 2017 and while Tomb was born from this breakup, the album expanded to explore years of loss and disappointment. Throughout, De Augustine sings of his first love ('Tomb'), attempts to reconcile possible past mistakes ('You Needed Love, I Needed You'), and reckoning with how personal and familial history impacts present and future relationships ('Kaitlin', 'Bird Has Flown'). Like the best albums about heartbreak, Tomb transforms pain into beauty.
“This album is at its core a prayer for hope and clarity, and a prayer for love,” he says. Ultimately Tomb reflects a beginning for De Augustine - both emotionally and in his career. It’s a motion towards positivity, addressing lost love, the worthwhile cost of honesty, and the ramifications of regret. In the end, Tomb isn’t about burying or hiding something away, it’s about opening the seal and letting something new emerge. The album’s title reveals these sentiments: “Throughout our lives we bury many dead things in our hearts and minds,” he says. “There they go to rest and hopefully are reborn as something beautiful for the world to behold.”
2. All To The Wind
3. You Needed Love I Needed You
4. I Could Be Wrong
8. Somewhere Far Away From Home
10. A Good Man’s Light
11. Bird Has Flown
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.