Wonderful 1960 album from the drummer probably best known for his work with Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk, and also his classic jazz book ‘Notes And Tones’. His one and only Blue Note album as leader. Recorded at the Van Gelder Studio on 6th August 1960.
Featuring an all-star band of Stanley Turrentine on tenor sax, Miles legends Wynton Kelly on piano and Paul Chambers on bass, Carlos ‘Potato’ Valdez on congas and Dave Burns on trumpet. A fascinating collision of bebop, post-bop and Latin styles showcasing one Taylor original (‘Cookoo And Fungi’) plus superb
versions of Thelonious Monk/Kenny Clarke’s ‘Epistrophy’, Denzil Best’s ‘Move’ (famously recorded on Miles Davis’s Birth Of The Cool), Kenny Dorham’s ‘High Seas’ and ‘Blue Interlude’ and John Coltrane’s ‘Syeeda’s Song Flute’. Produced by Alfred Lion. Includes a Reid Miles cover, plus photography by Francis Wolff
and liner notes by Ira Gitler
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.