'HiiDE' is the debut album by electronic producer BABii, co-produced by Adrian Sherwood (On-U-Sound system). We're so hyped to have it as our sixteenth exclusive Dinked Edition.
DINKED EDITION No. 16
• Individually numbered edition of 450.
• 180g clear vinyl with white splatter.
• Exclusive Dinked Edition sleeve - Holographic card with white typography and debossed illustration.
• Exclusive Dinked sticker sheet.
• Exclusive Dinked insert.
• Tracing paper obi strip.
• Download card.
BABii produces incredibly forward-thinking electro-tinged pop/R&B which features skittering beats and incredibly thick, layered synths with heavy bass with a semi industrial feel to them. The lyrics are dark yet the vocals are sweet.
Despite its incredible pop hooks the whole LP drips with an undercurrent of darkness. BABii wowed SXSW this year playing 8 shows in 7 days and being compared to everyone from Grimes to FKA Twigs and while those comparisons give you a jumping off point they also feel lazy as BABii definitely inhabits her own unique world and her label Death Waltz Originals are very excited to give you your first dive into it.
“What sets the BABii project apart – the album, the aesthetic, the sonics and the GLOO community – is the uniform attention to detail; the pursuit for perfection, even when the tools to achieve it aren’t automatically to hand.” - Loud & Quiet.
“We're swept into BABii's glitzy lair, where the beat is in our bones, the perfectly pitched chimes have infested in our mind, and there's no going back.” - The 405.
“It's a sumptuously textured slice of electro-pop, with glimmers of pre-Art Angels (pre-Elon) Grimes in its measured introductory notes and fairy-like vocal.” - Line of Best Fit.
“These clandestine sessions yielded a thrilling thing: weaving urban electronica and cool, wafting vocals that veer between sombre and sweet.” - Aesthetica Magazine.
“Startling, wholly unique electronic pop, her work drifts between art galleries and clubs, shifting context while retaining that vivid voice.” - Clash.
“Synths dance around snapping, ultra-tight percussion and vocal chops, generating the ultimate beautiful-meets-banger vibe.” - Nest.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.