+ Limited indie shop edition 7" pressed on 'Majestic Pink' coloured vinyl.
+ 45 RPM single housed in a heavy, uncoated sleeve.
Latest release in Light In The Attic’s Cover Series.
The latest installment of Light In The Attic’s Cover Series on exclusive vinyl features Drift favourites, Toronto’s BadBadNotGood with Jonah Yano on vocals covering 'Key To Love (Is Understanding)', originally recorded in 1982 by Milwaukee’s funk / soul pioneers Majestics.
“As lovers of old soul, funk and rare recordings, ‘Key to Love’ has always been a song that has had an impact on our heart and ears,” BadBadNotGood said. “We hope our version relays how special this song is and gives it some new listeners and a second life [...] It’s an incredibly beautiful song that deserves to be heard, and we hope to play a small part in that.”
The original Majestics single is highly sought-after by diggers and DJs worldwide not only for 'Key To Love (Is Understanding)' but also for Class A, which is considered the first-ever rap recording to come out of Milwaukee.
Sleeve artwork by Robbie Simon.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.