Fifth studio album from Baxter Dury, Prince of Tears was recorded at the end of 2016 at Hoxa Studios and was co-produced by Baxter and Ash Workman (Metronomy) and mixed by longstanding collaborator Craig Silvey (Arcade Fire, New Order, Florence and the Machine).
It is an intensely personal yet brutally open album and his most ambitious and biggest work to date. Whilst retaining the natty charm of his previous works, like his debut Len Parrot’s Memorial Lift or the acclaimed Happy Soup, Baxter this time worked with a full band and orchestra to truly bring the soundscapes of his emotional netherworld to life.
The album features notable guests, including longstanding fan Jason Williamson from Sleaford Mods on the track Almond Milk and Rose Elinor Dougall on Porcelain, as well as long-term collaborator Madelaine Hart providing backing vocals across numerous tracks and illuminating some of the album’s dark corners.
‘The Album is full of little fictional snapshots based on actual experiences’, Baxter says of the ten songs. ‘They’re biographical film soundtracks for an imaginary film about myself, which is fictional. The man singing and speaking it all is unreliable; he can’t see the world properly. Its massively delusional, but because of that it’s also emotionally true’.
- Almond Milk
- Letter Bomb
- Prince of Tears
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.