BE GOOD are a quartet from Oxford making awkward pop music for midnight walks and dancing in the nude. Taking inspiration from sources as disparate as Parliament and Frank Ocean, their new single Night Bus is the third and penultimate release on Communion Singles Club of 2017.Ash Cooke (guitar/vocals) and Charlie Clark (drums) originally met at a ceramics evening-class, but it wasn’t long until they had begun spending their evenings recording together in a shared house in the east of the city. The line-up was completed by synth player James Cunning (a customer in the café Clark was working at) and bassist Patrick Burley (a mutual friend they tried to impress through repeated gig invites).
New single Nightbus is an ode to youth and awakened sexuality, all set through the prism of the most British of romantic spots: the night bus. Cooke’s falsetto, half innocence/half lust, tempting the listener to join him for a ride “it’s late do you wanna go cruising, are you tired of getting off to bad music?”
BE GOOD are band whose textured slow-jams and confident arrangements make them an act to watch in the coming months.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.