+ Limited first run of the LP has a gold-foil detail cover and print insert. The heavyweight black vinyl disc is housed in a printed sleeve.
‘So That You Might Hear Me’ was recorded at several studios in Seattle with the producer Phil Ek (The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Father John Misty) and was mixed by Craig Silvey (Arcade Fire, Metronomy).
A need for connection lies at the heart of the band’s third album. Both bold and exposed, intimate yet expansive, the first two tracks are a perfect example of this: ‘Fuel On The Fire’ pulses and blossoms from the visceral throb of drum machine beats and electric guitars into an orchestral beauty that showcases the more electronic side of the band. This is juxtaposed with the bewitching “Blankets Of Sorrow" that demonstrates the more intimate Bear’s Den sound and explores themes of familial love and of trying to reach someone who can no longer be reached. With the band beloved by their fans for the way their songs have woven themselves into the fabric of some of the most bittersweet chapters of their lives, ‘So that you might hear me’ continues in that vein, pairing soaring melodies with poignant and at times unsettlingly personal lyricism.
'So That You Might Hear Me’ is the follow-up to 2014’s ‘Islands’, which earned them an Ivor Novello nomination, and 2016’s more expansive ‘Red Earth & Pouring Rain’, which reached number six in the UK chart. The band have sold almost 500,000 records over the course of their career, with ‘Red Earth & Pouring Rain’ seeing them cap four years of non-stop touring selling a total of 100,000 tickets across Europe which included two glorious sold-out homecoming shows at Brixton Academy and Hammersmith Apollo.
Fuel On The Fire
Breaker / Keeper
Not Every River
Conversations With Ghosts
Blankets Of Sorrow
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.