Their third album in as many years, Binker Golding and Moses Boyd are trailblazers in arguably the most exciting jazz explosion London has ever witnessed.
10 new tracks featuring a giant wealth of talent alongside Binker and Moses themselves, (including UK free jazz legend Evan Parker and one half of Yussef Kamaal), this album captures a moments 45 minutes when spontaneity and composition combine to magical effect.
It's a companion piece to 'Journey' but with a different energy - as North London is to South London, as West is to East.
Recorded live at Total Refreshment Centre, East London, June 2017. Engineering and Mixing - Gareth Finnegan
Mastered and cut by Darrel Sheinman and Caspar Sutton-Jones at Gearbox Records
Binker Golding (Tenor Sax)
Moses Boyd (Drums)
Yussef Dayes (Drums)
Tori Handsley (Harp)
Evan Parker (Tenor and Soprano Sax)
Byron Wallen (Trumpet)
2. How Land Learnt To Be
3. The River's Tale
4. How Fire Was Made
5. How Air Learnt To Move
6. Children of the Ultra Blacks
7. Mishkaku's Tale
8. The Discovery Of Human Flesh
9. Beyond The Edge
10. The Death Of Light
- About Drift
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.