Recorded at Alabama's legendary Muscle Shoals Sound with additional sessions at Dan Auerbach's Easy Eye Sound System in Akron and the Bunker in Brooklyn, 'Brothers' sees production duties handled by The Black Keys, along with shared duties between the band, Mark Neill, and their old friend Danger Mouse, who lends his skilled hands to a new track. Tchad Blake brings his sonic excellence into the fold to handle mixing duties?
Carney admits 'Brothers' is the album they've always wanted to make and taps into their creative force as a duo. "Dan and I grew up a lot as individuals and musicians prior to making this album. Our relationship was tested in many ways but at the end of the day, we're brothers, and I think these songs reflect that". The ghosts of Muscle Shoals inhabit Brothers? 15 tracks. Of the album, Auerbach says, "We like spooky sounds? like Alice Coltrane, where a dark groove is laid down. That's the headspace we tried to get into for this record".
The album includes the Danger Mouse-produced song 'Tighten Up' and a cover of the Jerry Butler classic 'Never Gonna Give You Up'.
1. Everlasting Light
2. Next Girl
3. Tighten Up
4. Howlin' For You
5. She's Long Gone
6. Black Mud
7. The Only One
8. Too Afraid To Love You
9. Ten Cent Pistol
10. Sinister Kid
11. Go Getter
12. I'm Not The One
13. Unknown Brother
14. Never Gonna Give You Up
15. These Days
Six albums in, The Black Keys are going stronger than ever - The Fly ****
marks the midway point between the garage-rock stylings of their first few albums and the hip-hop influence of last year's Blakroc side-project album - NME 8/10
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.