Texas slide guitarist and gospel bluesman Blind Willie Johnson recorded only 30 songs over the course of his life as a preacher and street performer. Even so, the savvy combination of his gritty and powerful 'chest voice' singing style coupled with his mastery of slide guitar (some report he regularly used a knife as a slide) has given him a notably influential legacy, specifically with later bluesmen Howlin’ Wolf and Robert Johnson. His tune 'Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground' was selected for Carl Sagan’s Voyager probe Golden Record, the Library of Congress as well as the National Recording Registry.
1. John the Revelator
2. It's Nobody's Fault But Mine
3. If I Had My Way, I'd Tear the Building Down
4. God Moves on the Water
5. The Soul of a Man
6. I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole
7. Church, I'm Fully Saved Today
8. Let Your Light Shine on Me
1. Mother's Children Have a Hard Time
2. Lord, I Just Can't Keep from Crying
3. Trouble Will Soon Be Over
4. Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
5. Bye and Bye I'M Goin' to See the King
6. Praise God I'm Satisfied
7. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning
8. Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.