Texas slide guitarist and gospel bluesman Blind Willie Johnson recorded only 30 songs over the course of his life as a preacher and street performer. Even so, the savvy combination of his gritty and powerful 'chest voice' singing style coupled with his mastery of slide guitar (some report he regularly used a knife as a slide) has given him a notably influential legacy, specifically with later bluesmen Howlin’ Wolf and Robert Johnson. His tune 'Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground' was selected for Carl Sagan’s Voyager probe Golden Record, the Library of Congress as well as the National Recording Registry.
1. John the Revelator
2. It's Nobody's Fault But Mine
3. If I Had My Way, I'd Tear the Building Down
4. God Moves on the Water
5. The Soul of a Man
6. I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole
7. Church, I'm Fully Saved Today
8. Let Your Light Shine on Me
1. Mother's Children Have a Hard Time
2. Lord, I Just Can't Keep from Crying
3. Trouble Will Soon Be Over
4. Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
5. Bye and Bye I'M Goin' to See the King
6. Praise God I'm Satisfied
7. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning
8. Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground
- Shipping Info
- About Drift
In the UK we offer Royal Mail Tracked 24/48®, Click & Collect at the shop and Free Shipping on orders over £75.
Worldwide we ship with International Business Parcel Tracked and DHL.
+ Full information on our shipping options can be read here.
+ There is a shipping calculator in the basket to give you a clear guide of our rates and available services based on your location.
Nominated 'Best Independent Retailer' at the Music Week Awards in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Nominated "Indie Champions" at the 2015 AIM Awards.