Limited vinyl box set comprising x4 heavyweight 180gm vinyls, in nicely packaged box set.
The "Witmark Demos" see their first commercial release nearly five decades after they were first recorded. "The Witmark Demos" features 47 Bob Dylan songs recorded by the artist - accompanied only by his acoustic guitar, harmonica and occasionally piano - for his first music publisher, Leeds Music, in January 1962, and for his second publisher, M. Witmark & Sons, between 1962 and 1964.
Listening to these recordings, one can trace Dylan's dramatic growth as a songwriter from early traditionally-styled songs like "Man On The Street" and "Ramblin' Gamblin' Willie" through the social commentary of "Blowin' In The Wind", "The Times They Are A Changin'" and "Masters Of War", and the groundbreaking lyrical genius of "Mr. Tambourine Man". All of these songs, and all the others on "The Witmark Demos", were written - and their subsequent demos recorded - before Bob Dylan turned 24 years old.
Among the many gems found on "The Witmark Demos" are 15 Bob Dylan songs that were recorded by the artist only for these sessions, and which had never been officially released to the public. These include the plaintive "Ballad For A Friend", the civil rights era-inspired "Long Ago, Far Away" and "The Death Of Emmett Till", and the poignant "Guess I'm Doing Fine".
1. Man On The Street (Fragment)
2. Hard Times In New York Town
3. Poor Boy Blues
4. Ballad For A Friend
5. Rambling, Gambling Willie
6. Talking Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues
7. Standing On The Highway
8. Man On The Street
9. Blowin' In The Wind
10. Long Ago, Far Away
11. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
12. Tomorrow Is A Long Time
13. The Death Of Emmett Till
14. Let Me Die In My Footsteps
15. Ballad Of Hollis Brown
16. Quit Your Low Down Ways
17. Baby, I'm In The Mood For You
18. Bound To Lose, Bound To Win
19. All Over You
20. I'd Hate To Be You On That Dreadful Day
21. Long Time Gone
22. Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues
23. Masters Of War
24. Oxford Town
1. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
2. Walkin' Down The Line
3. I Shall Be Free
4. Bob Dylan's Blues
5. Bob Dylan's Dream
6. Boots Of Spanish Leather
7. Walls Of Red Wing
8. Girl From The North Country
9. Seven Curses
10. Hero Blues
11. Whatcha Gonna Do?
12. Gypsy Lou
13. Ain't Gonna Grieve
14. John Brown
15. Only A Hobo
16. When The Ship Comes In
17. The Times They Are A-Changin'
18. Paths Of Victory
19. Guess I'm Doing Fine
20. Baby Let Me Follow You Down
21. Mama, You Been On My Mind
22. Mr. Tambourine Man
23. I'll Keep It With Mine
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.