British Sea Power's widely-praised soundtrack for the film 'From The Sea To The Land Beyond' is to be released on CD and double vinyl (plus digital download coupon) accompanied by a DVD copy of the film through Rough Trade Records.
The album features a bonus track not available on the original soundtrack. Îà The soundtrack consists of re-workings of previous British Sea Power songs and was recorded in Brighton and mixed by Ken Thomas (Sigur Ros, Daughter, M83, Cocteau Twins, Moby).
In January 2013 when the film, directed by Penny Woolcock, was first shown on BBC4 as part of the 'Storyville' series the viewing figure nudged 500,000 - over twice the usual audience size.
The film features a fantastic array of footage of the British coastline from the BFI's National Archive. Travelling from 1901, through both World Wars, into peacetime and the modern age, 'From The Sea To The Land Beyond' shows our coast as a place of leisure, industry and wild nature: A woman scaling a sheer cliff face to collect eggs, dancers on the Sussex shoreline, ’©migr’©s from the Caribbean and India, a big British Rail hovercraft... For all this, the British Sea Power soundtrack is a fitting, moving audio counterpart.
From The Sea To The Land Beyond
Remarkable Diving Feat
Heroines Of The Cliff
The Guillemot Girls
Melancholy Of The Boot
Be You Mighty Sparrow?
Red Rock Riviera
Perspectives Of Stinky Turner
The Wild Highlands
Heatwave (Lympne Castle Demo)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.