The LP format is expected into stock on 25th January 2019
'Springsteen on Broadway' is a live, solo, acoustic performance written and performed by Bruce Springsteen, performed and recorded in a under the lights of a small Broadway theatre. It is an intimate night with just Bruce himself, his guitar, a piano, and his stories.
Each song is set between some live reminiscing and yarn-spinning from The Boss himself. The show runs to about two hours with no interval. (G'wan, Bruce!)
His run in the Walter Kerr theatre on West 48th Street was completely sold out every night, with some tickets changing hands on the secondary market for sums in excess of a thousand dollars.
"My vision of these shows is to make them as personal and intimate as possible. I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung, all of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal—to communicate something of value," says Springsteen.
“Five months after debuting, 'Springsteen on Broadway' stands as one of the most fascinating, invigorating and emotionally nuanced entries in his creative catalog.” - Billboard.
“After decades of arena-sized body language, he’s scaled himself down without losing any of his enormous presence... He’s figured out how to be gigantic in a small place” - Variety.
“As portraits of artists go, there may never have been anything as real — and beautiful — on Broadway.” - New York Times.
“An intimate triumph… one of the most compelling and profound shows by a rock musician in recent memory.” - Rolling Stone.
1. Growin' Up
2. My Hometown
3. My Father's House
4. The Wish
5. Thunder Road
6. The Promised Land
7. Born In The U.S.A.
8. Tenth Avenue Freeze - Out
9. Tougher Than The Rest
10. Brilliant Disguise
11. Long Time Comin'
12. The Ghost Of Tom Joad
13. The Rising (song)
14. Dancing In The Dark
15. Land Of Hope And Dreams (song)
16. Born To Run
- About Drift
+ Free Shipping
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering - specifically preorder items - then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items to your box, up to the point we ship it to you, but this is not automated so it's always important to tell us you are doing this.
+ Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option for you to come and collect your order in Totnes. You will be offered shipping and click & collect options during the checkout process. More info here.
* If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
* If you are adding to an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
* We aim to dispatch orders placed before 1pm, on the same day.
* We ship outside the UK with DHL.
* We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
* Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
* Royal Mail First Class services do not have tracking.
* Royal Mail Tracked 24® does include end-to-end tracking.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Royal Mail Tracked 24®
End-to-end tracking and next-day delivery
✔️ End-to-end tracking
✔️ SMS or email notifications
✔️ Next working day delivery aim
✔️ Compensation cover up to £100
✔️ Change your delivery options before delivery is attempted
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.