Limited pressing on 180 grams audiophile vinyl
Sweetheart of the Rodeo' is the 6th album by American rock / country band The Byrds and was originally released on August 30, 1968. Where the band's previous LP, 'The Notorious Byrd Brothers', had an overall psychedelic rock sound, Sweetheart became purely a country record. Although The Byrds were no strangers to country music, it was country-rock pioneer Gram Parsons who had taken the band deep into the sound and feeling of classic country & western. Parsons, who had joined the band just for a short while, would experience this album to be an important chapter in his musical career since the record brought him to the attention of a mainstream rock audience.
'Sweetheart of the Rodeo' might not be the most commercial album of The Byrds, but today the record is considered to be one of the most influential country-rock albums in the history of music. Rolling Stone Magazine praised the album in its September 1968 issue, with Jon Landau writing "The Byrds, in doing country as country, show just how powerful and relevant unadorned country music is to the music of today." Landau added "they leave just enough rock in the drums to let you know that they can still play rock & roll."
A1 You Ain't Going Nowhere (2:33)
A2 I Am A Pilgrim (3:39)
A3 The Christian Life (2:30)
A4 You Don't Miss Your Water (3:48)
A5 You're Still On My Mind (2:25)
A6 Pretty Boy Floyd (2:34)
B1 Hickory Wind (3:31)
B2 One Hundred Years From Now (2:40)
B3 Blue Canadian Rockets (2:02)
B4 Life In Prison (2:46)
B5 Nothing Was Delivered (3:24)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.