THE LOST TAPES NOW AVAILABLE ON VINYL DUE TO PHENOMENAL DEMAND!
Vinyl Edition ~ Released 3rd December
5 x 180 gm Vinyl Box Set
Limited edition box set.
Heavy board, 2 piece box with 28 page 12" booklet.
CD Edition ~ Out Now
Limited edition 10" square, old fashioned tape box style packaging with 24 page 10" booklet.
Includes exclusive sleeve notes by Irmin Schmidt and Ian Harrison.
The Lost Tapes is a 3 CD set of unreleased tracks, they are an opportunity to hear unreleased material, brand new tracks as if you were there, from the halcyon days, not outtakes.
The tracks cover the period from 1968 through to 1977 and were compiled by Irmin Schmidt and Daniel Miller.
The album features studio material recorded at Schloss N’_rvenich and Can Studio, Weilerswist with the Can line up of Holger Czukay on bass, Michael Karoli on guitars, Jaki Liebezeit on drums and Irmin Schmidt on keyboards, and on most tracks, vocals from Malcolm Mooney or Damo Suzuki.
Irmin Schmidt explains "Obviously the tapes weren't really lost, but were left in the cupboards of the studio archives for so long everybody just forgot about them. Everybody except Hildegard, who watches over Can and its work like the dragon over the gold of the Nibelungen and doesn't allow forgetting."
The Lost Tapes - Part 1:
2. Waiting For The Streetcar
3. Evening All Day
4. Deadly Doris
6. When Darkness Comes
7. Blind Mirror Surf
8. Oscura Primavera
9. Buble Rap
The Lost Tapes - Part 2:
1. Your Friendly Neighbourhood Whore
2. Waiting For The Streetcar
3. The Agreement
4. Midnight Sky
6. Spoon (Live)
7. Dead Pigeon Suite
8. Abra Cada Braxas
9. A Swan Is Born
10. The Loop
The Lost Tapes - Part 3:
1. Godzilla Fragment
2. On The Way To Mother Sky
3. Midnight Men
4. Networks Of Foam
5. Messers, Scissors, Fork And Light
7. E.F.S 108
8. Private Nocturnal
10. Mushroom (Live)
11. One More Saturday Night (Live)
"The Lost Tapes is a revelation"_" - MOJO ****
"An extraordinary revelatory experience all over again" - Record Collector*****
"A startling discovery" - Q ****
"A welcome re-opening of the gates" - The Wire
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.