Since the release of 2011's award winning debut, 'No Time for Dreaming', Charles Bradley has transformed from a rising star in the Daptone galaxy into a bona-fide headliner, now affectionately known across the globe as The Screaming Eagle of Soul.
The raw emotion and soulfulness of Bradley's voice lifts him up among the greats of the golden age of soul - Otis, JB, Wilson Pickett, and Darrell Banks. Anyone who has had the privilege of hearing him sing has experienced how Bradley can captivate an entire audience with a simple "Ooooo..."
Bradley and writer / producer / multi-instrumentalist Thomas "TNT" Brenneck returned to Dunham studios and recorded the most exciting Daptone release to date, 'Victim of Love'. On this album, Bradley moves past his "Heartaches and Pain" to the great promise of hope and love. Though quite at home among the music that has affirmed Daptone as the world's #1 authority on soul music, 'Victim of Love' proves to be a genre-bending masterpiece, picking up where the early 70s Temptations left off and edging boldly forward into psychedelic soul exploration.
1. Strictly Reserved For You
2. You Put The Flame On It
3. Let Love Stand A Chance
4. Victim Of Love
5. Love Bug Blues
6. Dusty Blue
8. Where Do We Go From Here?
9. Crying In The Chapel
11. Through The Storm
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.