In December 2011, Chilly Gonzales moved his piano into Paris' Studio Pigalle. There, alone for 10 days, he recorded a handful of songs that had made the short list from a hundred or so melodies written over the eight years that had passed since the release of the now iconic Solo Piano. The self-proclaimed musical genius has traveled quite a road to Solo Piano II. Producing Grammy-nominated albums and breaking a Guinness world record jump-started a period during which Chilly Gonzales returned to the stage after several years behind a studio console working for others. With his own albums and supporting tours, Chilly drew attention to his versatility as a performer and to his virtuosity as a pianist. Rare is the artist that can make people dance to the trendiest electronic beats and then turn a symphonic orchestra into a back-up band for a rap concert.
At the same time, Chilly became the "go to guy" for piano compositions with Drake, Feist, Daft Punk and even the late Steve Jobs, all calling upon him. But that was then, and Solo Piano II is now. Indeed, it is the mark of a true entertainer to recognize that time when the greatest respect one can show his fans, is, as Chilly himself noted on his 2011 release The Unspeakable Chilly Gonzales, to simply "shut up and play the piano."
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.