WE ARE BESIDES OURSELVES ABOUT THE RETURN OF THE MAESTRO....
Chilly Gonzales, Grammy-winning Canadian pianist and entertainer currently living in Europe, is known as much for the intimate piano touch of best-selling albums Solo Piano and Solo Piano II as for his showmanship and composition for award-winning stars. 'Gonzo', as he is known to close collaborators, aims to be a man of his time, approaching the piano with classical and jazz training but with the attitude of a rapper.
Chilly Gonzales holds the Guinness World Record for the longest solo concert at over 27 hours. He performs and writes songs with Jarvis Cocker, Feist and Drake, among others. With Never Stop, Chilly Gonzales composed a global hit for the inaugural Apple iPad 2 campaign. In 2014 he won a Grammy for his collaboration on Daft Punk’s Best Album of the Year and composed the best-selling book of easy piano pieces Re - Introduction Etudes. With his last album Chambers, Chilly Gonzales devoted himself to finding a modern take on chamber music.
Gonzales is also a respected cultural commentator and 'musical scientist', as seen in his hit web series Pop Music Masterclass (WDR in Germany and CBC in Canada), BBC Radio 1 documentary Classical Connections, The History of Music on Arte and Apple Music's Beats1 radio show Music's Cool with Chilly Gonzales in which Gonzales's unique analysis introduces listeners to the theory and fun of entire musical genres through the work of one exemplary artist in a 2-hour monthly broadcast. He also writes newspaper and magazine opinion pieces in The Guardian, i-D Magazine, Clash Magazine and others, and is involved in conferences, keynote addresses and awards ceremonies for the likes of ZEITmagazin, Orange, the Junos or lit.Cologne international literature festival.
2018 sees the cinema release of S h u t U p a n d P l a y t h e P i a n o, a career retrospective documentary directed by Philipp Jedicke that premiered at the A-list Berlinale Film festival. Following the artist from his native Canada to late 90's underground Berlin, and via Paris to the world's great philharmonic halls, the film explores his persona by interweaving newly shot interviews and concert scenes with fictional materials of totally different time periods. Features frequent collaborators Peaches, Leslie Feist and producer Renaud Letang among many others.
Most recently, Chilly Gonzales ventured into a new form of entrepreneurship. A culmination of recent years’ explorations in teaching, Gonzo inaugurated his very own music school: The Gonzervatory. During this all-expenses-paid residential music performance workshop held in Paris, 7 selected students explored Musical Humanism, audience psychology and what it means to be a performing musician in 2018. After a week of intensive coaching, masterclasses and rehearsals, these young musicians performed a concert for an audience of 1500 fans with Chilly Gonzales himself as Master of Ceremony. The Gonzervatory Workshop and Concerts were livestreamed on pan-European TV station Arte Concert to record-breaking audiences (Arte’s 2nd most viewed concert). Plans are already being made for the 2019 edition.
We will have some bonus CDs to include with the 2LP edition, while stocks last
A1. Treppen, dedicated to Rudolf Steiner
A2. Pretenderness, dedicated to Fanny Mendelssohn
A3. Prelude In C Sharp Major, dedicated to Wendy Carlos
A4. Famous Hungarians, dedicated to Ernő Rubik
A5. Chico, dedicated to Eric Andre
B1. Nimbus, dedicated to Amelia Earhart
B2. Be Natural, dedicated to Beach House
B3. Ellis Eye, dedicated to Migos
B4. Present Tense, dedicated to Thomas Bangalter
B5. Cactus Impromptu, dedicated to Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou
C1. Lost Ostinato, dedicated to Hildegard Von Bingen
C2. Blizzard In B Flat Minor, dedicated to Conchita Cintrón
C3. October 3 rd, dedicated to Jason Beck
C4. Kopfkino, dedicated to Nadia Comăneci
C5. Whist, dedicated to Bernard Moitessier
D1. The Secrets of SPIII (bonus vinyl only track).
1. Treppen, dedicated to Rudolf Steiner
2. Pretenderness, dedicated to Fanny Mendelssohn
3. Prelude In C Sharp Major, dedicated to Wendy Carlos
4. Famous Hungarians, dedicated to Ernő Rubik
5. Chico, dedicated to Eric Andre
6. Nimbus, dedicated to Amelia Earhart
7. Be Natural, dedicated to Beach House
8. Ellis Eye, dedicated to Migos
9. Present Tense, dedicated to Thomas Bangalter
10. Cactus Impromptu, dedicated to Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou
11. Lost Ostinato, dedicated to Hildegard Von Bingen
12. Blizzard In B Flat Minor, dedicated to Conchita Cintrón
13. October 3 rd, dedicated to Jason Beck
14. Kopfkino, dedicated to Nadia Comăneci
15. Whist, dedicated to Bernard Moitessier
CD2 bonus disc - Live at Massey Hall - recorded on the 5th Feb 2016 in Toronto at the very end of Chambers’ tour.
1. Sweet Burden
2. Sample This
3. Prelude To A Feud
5. Minor Fantasy
6. White Keys
7. Advantage Points
8. Supervillain Music
10. The Grudge
12. Knight Moves
13. Smothered Mate
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.