An album of our times, ‘Sad Happy’ is formed of two diametrically distinctive sides – the first half of the record contains the 'Happy' tracks, the latter the 'Sad' tracks.
+ Limited edition deluxe double LP is pressed on gold coloured vinyl.
Released via the Prolifica Inc label, the album will be available on CD, standard single LP and a limited edition gold 2LP where the album is physically split in to 'Sad' and 'Happy' LPs.
Lead single ‘Jacqueline’ is unveiled today as the first taste of ‘Sad Happy’. Listen here. An infectious, Soweto-flavoured groove, ‘Jacqueline’ is another bold slice of bright, life-affirming pop from the pen of Kieran Shudall, who is establishing himself as one of Britain’s most prolific young songwriters. With it’s infectious chorus and refrain of ‘Good times are coming around the bend’, Jacqueline is at once instantly recognisable and also another bold sonic leap forward for Circa Waves. It’s a song that’ll sit effortlessly amongst a setlist already brimming with anthems.
‘Sad Happy’ was written and produced in full by Kieran Shudall, and mixed by Grammy winners Dan Grech-Marguerat and Matt Wiggins. Today’s album announcement comes a little over six months after the release of April’s Top Ten Charting UK Album ‘What’s It Like Over There’. The prolific nature of Kierans’ writing, coupled with Circa Waves relentless appetite for playing live and their own label imprint, are cementing the Liverpool four piece’s reputation as one of the UK’s most dynamic and exciting bands.
2. Be Your Drug
3. Move to San Francisco
4. Wasted On You
5. The Things We Knew Last Night
6. Call Your Name
7. Love You More
8. Sad Happy
9. Wake Up Call
11. Battered Bruised
12. Hope There’s a Heaven
13. Train to Lime Street
14. Birthday Cake
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.