The newest Crankhouse Coffee blend is based on two new coffees to give something smooth and balanced that suits various brewing styles. CH only sourced a small amount of each coffee and hence didn't feel it warranted the full integer label, hence CH9.5. It won't be around for long.
+ Sold in resealable 250 gram bags.
An 'Espresso Blend', but this is not a coffee you can only use for Espresso drinks. It's a versatile coffee that is super tasty brewed as a Cafetiere or Aeropress but equally as the Espresso base to your preferred beverage such as a Flat White or Americano.
The main difference in terms of roasting style for the CH blends is the slightly longer development and slightly higher drop (end) temperature that we take it to in the roaster. Typically more delicate single-origins would be developed under 16-18% DTR (Development Time Ratio) and dropped at under 196C, as opposed to coffees in this blend which would have a 187-22% DTR and a slightly higher drop temperature. Not massive differences but those extra few percent and extra few degrees can enable the sugars and body to develop further.
CH9.5 is comprised of :
50% Fina La Esperanza:
Region: Lempira, Honduras
Owner: Rovilson Bertolini
Varietal: Caturra, Catuai,
Proc. Method: Washed
30% La Trinidad
Region: Tarrazu, Costa Rica
Owner: Einar Ortiz
Varietal: Caturra, Catuai, Willa Sarchi
Proc. Method: Semi Washed
Region: Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia
Proc. Method: Heirloom
Red cherry with a creamy milk chocolate body
Brew Guide for Espresso:
Dose 18g/Yield: 36g/Time: 27-30secs (ie you need scales and a timer).
This is only a starting point. You decide how to get the best from this coffee on your own brewing equipment. If you need some pointers by all means drop us a line and we'll give you some tips and suggestions.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.