Originally released on 29th June 1979, 'D.J.' was the second and final single from 'Lodger' in the UK and the follow-up to 'Boys Keep Swinging'. The Netherlands and Turkey would get 'Yassassin' and the U.S. 'Look Back In Anger'.
The A side of this D.J. picture disc features a previously unreleased single edit of the track from the 'Lodger' (2017 Tony Visconti Mix) included in the 'A New Career In A New Town' box set.
The previously unreleased version of 'Boys Keep Swinging' recorded especially for The Kenny Everett Video Show features on the AA side.
This take was recorded by Tony Visconti in Soho in London on the 9th April 1979 and features Sean Mayes on keyboards, Tony Visconti on bass, Simon House on violin, Andy Duncan on drums, Brian Robertson (of Thin Lizzy) on guitar and Ricky Hitchcock on guitar.
The Kenny Everett Video Show was filmed on the following day and broadcast on 23rd April, 1979.
The images used on each side of the disc are stills taken from the respective video performances.
'D.J.' (2017 Tony Visconti mix - single edit)
Produced by David Bowie & Tony Visconti Mixed by Tony Visconti at Human Studios, NYC, 2017
'Boys Keep Swinging' (Kenny Everett Video Show Version)
Produced by David Bowie & Tony Visconti
Recorded at Good Earth Studio, Soho London, 9th April, 1979
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.