Welcome to issue 19 of Deluxe. This edition flips the usual parameters as we’re focusing on the content of the shops rather than the bricks, mortar and shelves that confine them. We’ve produced a list of 100 albums - compiled by the staff at Drift Records, our own shop - that have turned our ears and heads throughout 2019.
As we’re based at Drift for this edition, we’ll also talk about their Sea Change Festival - that runs annually on the last May bank holiday weekend - and also the Dinked Collective of independent shops, a motley crew that includes Drift as one of its founders. These days, record shops play an ever bigger part of the creative community. We’re proud to have a home and we’re proud to be needed.
+ Top 100 Records of the Year
+ Late additions
+ Best compilations
+ Best reissues
Written and compiled by The Drift Record Shop.
Designed by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover illustration by Jordan Amy Lee.
Sub edited by Lu Overy.
+ The magazine is free, but you'll have to pay postage on your order unless you are buying something else.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.