Recorded and mixed in various locations in Brooklyn, the album showcases everything you know and love about DIIV and many things you did not, all with an added nuance and depth. It’s a 17-song album statement intended to resonate with its audience in much the same way that ‘Bad Moon Rising’ or ‘Tago Mago’ has for Smith himself.
An extension and deepening of the musical ideas first expressed on 2012’s critically-lauded ‘Oshin’, ‘Is The Is Are’ yields a multiplicity of textures, lyrical themes and moods. It is a more diverse world than ‘Oshin’, with different parameters and ideals. Dark and honest to a fault, the new songs are dynamic, loud, quiet, sad; they are songs that hiss and snarl; songs that, as Smith wrote recently, represent “the real me.”
Smith’s vocals, too, are much closer to the foreground, layered legibly on top of tidal waves of shimmering guitar and melodic bass weaving in and out, leaving a distinct and indelible imprint.
1. Out of Mind
2. Under the Sun
3. Bent (Roi's Song)
5. Blue Boredom (with Sky Ferreira)
7. Yr Not Far
8. Take Your Time
9. Is the Is Are
10. Mire (Grant's Song)
11. Incamate Devil
13. Healthy Moon
14. Loose Ends
17. Waste of Breath
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.