DJ Richard's latest draws its name from the Latin hymn 'Dies Irae,' otherwise known as 'Day of Wrath.' It will be the US producer's second full-length album, following on from 2015's 'Grind,' which also landed on Dial. More recently he released 'Path of Ruin' on the German imprint.
The album melds the physical and psychological aspects of DJ Richard’s production ethos in sharper, more widescreen vision than before; the oceanic swells of ambience yet more powerful, and the rigid basslines sharper still."
With the chaos of the Berlin club scene an increasingly distant memory, the album is enriched with a contemplative, even brittle tone, as informed by film soundtracks and literature.
On 'Dies Iræ Xerox,' the artist finds the space to write the records he really wants to play and each track suggests a template for genuine dancefloor transcendence.
It was produced during a murky, transitional period during which DJ Richard found himself particularly drawn to Medieval European art and mysticism. (And let's face it, who isn't..? Get on that burning stake, will yer?)
01. Dies Iræ Xerox
04. Crimson Curve
05. Tunnel Stalker
06. Dissolving World
07. In Broad Daylight
08. Ancestral Helm
09. Final Mercy
10. Ex Aere
11. Old Winter‘s Way
12. Gate of Roses
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.