A narrated full-cast TV soundtrack adventure starring William Hartnell as the Doctor, pitted against a race of deadly female clones and their mechanical slaves. In this classic 4 part 'lost' adventure, first shown on BBC TV in September/October 1965, the TARDIS materialises on a doomed planet. The Doctor (William Hartnell), Steven (Peter Purves) and Vicki (Maureen O' Brien) discover two crashed spaceships, their inhabitants locked in battle with each other. In one corner stand the Drahvins, a race of female cloned warriors; in the other the Rills, hideous inhuman space travellers. The Doctor and his friends become pawns in a deadly game of strategy and deception. Will anyone escape with their lives?
Presented across 2 x Heavyweight 180g pieces on Orange with Purple Splatter vinyl, this narrated TV soundtrack evokes a classic Doctor Who adventure in all its aural magnificence. From the eerie sonics of Ron Grainer & Delia Derbyshire's theme tune, and the familiar' wheezing, groaning of the TARDIS, through to the menacing chirrup of the squat, metallic Chumbley robots and the atmospherics of the Rills' spaceship, the story is alive with weird and wonderful sound. Written by William Emms, the story presents a traditional morality tale with a twist. Linking narration is provided by Peter Purves (Steven) and the cast includes Stephanie Bidmead as Maaga. The final episode leads into the prelude to the epic adventure The Daleks' Master Plan. The film recordings of all but one episode of this story are lost from the BBC archives.
Double Heavyweight 180g pieces on Orange with Purple Splatter vinyl
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.