Sweden's Dungen return with a collection of gorgeous, dreamlike melodies, psychedelic stonkers and graceful, jazz-filled polyrhythms. called Skit I Allt.' Says main man/ producer/arranger/ singer Gustav Ejstes: 'For me, it means, Don't give a shit, forget about it, just go ahead and do it. A friend said: 'Skit I Allt; Fuck it, do as you want, time is passing and it's changing, forget fears and hang-ups, we are small and everything is pretty insignificant on the whole.
How will it be' What shall we do'' We often worry so much unnecessarily. Skit i allt, it's happening now'. In what feels like a very short decade, Sweden's Dungen has mutated at a furious pace. Main man/ producer/ arranger/ singer/golden child Gustav Ejstes's lone constant has been change. At ease with effervescent pop, third-eye popping psychedelia, heavy rock, spider-web folk and breezy jazz, Dungen's dynamism astounds throughout Skit I Allt . Rather than remain only Ejstes' studio vision, Dungen is a muscular full band now. Guitarist Reine Fiske, bassist Mattias Gustavsson, and drummer Johan Holmegard are fully integrated into Ejstes' vision of Dungen: 'Whether you perceive Dungen as a band or as me and my songs and my productions, the band is something totally free."' I feel [the presence of the band] more than ever, because even if I am a total control freak they all contribute something unique make the songs come alive.'
Dungen debuted in 2001 with an eponymous album of long psilocybic tracks and aural tomfoolery. The next year's Stadsvandringar found Ejstes coming to grips with the language of rock before the zeitgeist-grabbing third album, Ta Det Lugt ignited the blogosphere so that it glowed like the aurora borealis. Not content to revel in such accolades, Tio Bitar flashed the band's pop smarts as well as their incandescent freakouts while 4 put the band's cohesiveness on display, at once gorgeous and biting. This latest album is the one that takes in everything they've done, and learned, and brings them to a whole.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.