Harcourt will tell you that the album isn't a personal one, yet in writing an album of savage social commentary he's also bared a little of his own soul. When he writes about protecting the environment, he's also thinking about his own role as a father. When he writes about the male ego, he's turning his forensic gaze on himself. It's as if the prism he's constructed to see the world has also allowed him a better view of himself. Harcourt was also able to put together a dream line-up to record the album. Joining him and Flood in the studio were drummer Stella Mozgawa, of Warpaint, bassist Tom Herbert, of The Invisible, vocalist Hannah Lou Clark and percussionist Michael Blair, a frequent Tom Waits collaborator. The result is an album that, for all it's fire and brimstone, is also euphoric and celebrator. 'Furnaces' is an album unlike any other you'll hear this year. It is pure and true, and Harcourt performs it with a fierce kind of joy in his heart
2. The World Is On Fire
3. Loup Garou
5. Occupational Hazard
6. Nothing But A Bad Trip
7. You Give Me More Than Love
9. There Is A Light Below
10. The Last Of Your Kind
11. Immoral Ghetto
12. Antarctica Ghetto
+ 10"/12" outer gatefold sleeve, both pockets open, 6mm spine, printed CMYK + gloss dispersion varnish (350gsm GC1)
+ Double 12” black heavy vinyl (180g)
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.