The debut, double platinum, Mercury-nominated album ‘The Back Room’ from Birmingham's Editors reached No. 2 in the UK album charts in 2005 and amassed over 1 million sales worldwide.
The British five piece mined the same area of gloom as Interpol but were possibly even more Joy Division-influenced.
Includes the Top 10 single ‘Munich’ and the singles ‘Bullets’, ‘Blood’ and ‘All Sparks’.
The album was produced by Jim Abbiss.
"This is a debut that will endure." - NME.
"The Back Room is a fine album that proves you can look backward while paving the way forward." - E! Online.
"How Interpol would sound like if they dealt with universal themes and reflection rather than singing about fellatio fantasies with Stella, or their length of loves." - Drowned in Sound.
"The longer you listen, the better they become." - The Guardian.
Fingers In The Factory
Open Your Arms
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.