Eric Copeland delivers 'Trogg Modal Vol. 2', the counterpart to last October’s 'Trogg Modal Vol. 1'. The former Black Dice member’s ‘Freakbeat 4/4’ agenda gets further refined here – Vol. 2 is more laid-back than the first, but still highly danceable.
Self-described as “late Night Flight proto tekno,” the tracks pulse with thick layers of percussion, melodic fever dreams, and riffs wrung through a taffy puller. Eric’s textured, off-the-cuff approach to dance music adds a refreshing element of spontaneity and ‘jamming’ to a climate of uncanny smoothness and polish.
Where Vol. 1 was composed of “rippers,” Vol. 2 travels at its own pace, continuing to showcase Eric’s ability to recontextualize 4/4 tracks as psychedelic contortions, from the squelchy vibrations of “BS Dropout” to the blithe, video arcade soundtrack “High Score Zed.”
Taken together, the two volumes of Trogg Modal showcase the versatility of one of the most continuously exciting experimental artists of the past twenty years – arriving in 2019 with his mischievous sense of adventure firmly intact.
High Score Zed
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.