'Where Wildness Grows' is the much-anticipated second album from Gengahr, out on Transgressive Records.
Having released debut album 'A Dream Outside' in June 2015, the band spent a soul-searching two years writing and recording its follow up, a process which saw them reject multiple recordings and eventually return to the drawing board, re-group and head back to the studio with a clarity and conviction to deliver an album which sees them taking a bold and ambitious artistic stride.
“The journey has been far from straight-forward up until now and in many ways we are an altogether different band than the one that wrote A Dream Outside,” explained frontman Felix Bushe.
“Over the past two years we have given everything in order to create an album that would meet all our ambitions, fulfilling our vision of what Gengahr is now. It’s been gruelling at times, but like a caterpillar entering metamorphosis you know the moment of darkness will be outshone by the transformation. There were certainly times along the way when frustrations grew and it seemed as if our vision for the album would shatter entirely. We spent almost 3 months recording a version of the album that would eventually end up making us feel a little uncomfortable in our own skin. Having to reset, take stock and go at it again wasn’t easy, but we were confident in the songs we had. That is always the most important thing as an artist, above anything else. We are incredibly proud of the record we have made and beyond excited to release it into the world for others to enjoy. “
The LP was recorded in London during summer 2017 by producer Neil Comber (Glass Animals, M.I.A, Songhoy Blues.)
Includes a download of the album plus a whole extra album of exclusive live bonus material to download as well.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.