An uncompromising statement of intent, 55 Year Old Daughter set the tone for the recently released Giant Swan debut album: metallic KO drums and an earworm hook constructed from a scissored vocal sample, the album lurches into life with perhaps the closest the band have come so far to an out-and-out banger. Only now has this (essential) extended mix - a simultaneously deconstructed avant-noise and devastating DJ weapon become available - to digital formats and as a limited edition black vinyl etched white label 12".
Having built a formidable reputation for their hi-octane improvised performances, relentless international touring and a succession of acclaimed EPs on respected imprints such as Whities, Timedance and Mannequin, Giant Swan’s self-titled debut LP released at the end of 2019 has seen them rise out of the electronic underground with the galvanising energy for which they're known; receiving praise for the record in every angle, whilst playing sell-out shows including a string of album release parties over the UK, supporting IDLES at Alexandra Palace and festivals all over in-between.
55 Year Old Daughter
Etching designed by Giant
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.