Going Norway is Girl Band’s second single following their 4-year hiatus, a two track 7” with an exclusive B side taking the same name as their upcoming album ‘The Talkies’.
In Going Norway, we hear the mimicry of Dara’s vocal to Alan’s guitar coming close to a moan, both simultaneously reaching outside of the confines of Adam’s steady, flitting snare sound: ‘And Why/ Is the Death/ So Alive?’
The track pushes and pulls against itself, and the emotion is felt within this combative movement and the elongation of vowels – the intensive repetition to the point of abstraction results in a violent discrepancy between language and meaning, as Dara draws attention instead to the way the mouth moves and how sound is formed.
A – Going Norway
B – The Talkies
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.