The Way We Came Back is notable for being written by Poppy Hankin when she was just sixteen years old, yet had never been recorded until after the release of the North London group's debut album Earl Grey.
"It's cute, I guess," says Sophie Moss. "You kinda wanna skip to it, you know? Makes you think about arguments but it doesn't make you hate them that much. It's an early, early - we're talking pre-Earl Grey here - banger that we wanted to oil up. A plump cow that needed to be milked. It was one of the first songs Poppy wrote when she was 16 which we all found pretty impressive. Sly arrangement, good vibes here."
The trio comprising Sophie Moss (bass) Poppy Hankin (guitar/vocals), Iris McConnell (drums), released debut album Earl Grey through Moshi Moshi last summer to unanimous acclaim: four stars in The Guardian, Q Magazine and The Evening Standard; Album of the Week on The Line Of Best Fit, Loud and Quiet and Under The Radar; an Album of the Day on BBC Radio 6 Music and an It's Album Time feature on Huw Stephens' BBC Radio 1 show.
1. They Way We Came Back
2. I Know It’s Kind Of Hard (demo version)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.