'The Wanting' is Glenn's first album for Thrill Jockey (and fourth album overall) and follows the instantly sold out 'Even To Win Is To Fail' LP (a split with The Black Twig Pickers released for Record Store Day 2011).
Glenn Jones is a leading talent in the so-called modern "American Primitive" school of acoustic steel string guitarists, a school that includes the late great John Fahey, Robbie Basho and Jack Rose - all of whom were friends and collaborators of Glenn's.
'The Wanting' is a collection of original compositions for solo acoustic steel string guitar, six-string, 10- string and bottleneck, and 5-string open-back banjo.
The album's 17+ minute closing track features Glenn joined by master percussionist Chris Corsano.
A Snapshot Of Mom, Scotland, 1957
The Great Pacific Northwest
The Great Swamp Way Rout
Anchor Chain Blues (2)
Even To Win Is To Fail (2)
My Charlotte Blue Notebook
Menotomy River Blues
Of Its Own Kind
Twenty-three Years In Happy Valley, Or Love Among The Chickenshit
The Orca Grande Cement Factory At Victorville
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.