'Tales Of US' is Goldfrapp's sixth studio album, and is strikingly cinematic in its aural feel. The songs' narrative form makes sense given they were born out of a rediscovered love of cinema and the written word for singer Alison.
The album will appeal both to the Goldfrapp fans who flocked to buy' Seventh Tree' and 'Felt Mountains', as well as a wider mainstream, upmarket audience.
All the songs bar one are named in the first person with a cast list of evocative character sketches, the contrary love affairs, the suspense, hallucinations, fairy tales and modern folklores documented and the traces of redemption they find in song take the poetry of Goldfrapp's delicately considered music somewhere brand new.
The artwork features stunning photography of Annemarieke van Drimmelen and will form the core visual component of the marketing campaign. Additionally a stunningly beautiful film has been created by Lisa Gunning that showcases five of the songs from the album. Individual components of this film will be released in the run up to album release.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.