Recorded at Seahorse Sound Studios in LA and produced by long-time cohort, fellow Welsh émigré and musical maven Cate le Bon, In the Pink Of Condition is his 3rd album, following 2010’s A Cup Of Salt and 2011’s The Strange Uses Of Ox Gall. An album of “strange pop” (words borrowed from Huw) it’s a controlled explosion of lazer-guided guitar melody - think a careering Television show or Pavement outside the original site of Spillers - and whip smart bi-lingual wordplay. Although reluctant to cite a shopping list’s worth of influences, Huw nods to two permanent inspirations – the maverick U.S. author Richard Brautigan (the Hawkline name appropriated from Brautigan’s 1974 ‘gothic western’ The Hawkline Monster) and a just-turned-solo Paul McCartney (Huw namechecks Ram, an album coincidentally recorded when the once-and-future Beatle was also twenty-nine). From the former, a wistful ways with words - songs constructed as slices of life, surrealist observations on the everyday. From the latter - what else would one ask for other than a just smidgeon of MCCartney’s six sense for abundant, tumbling melody?
1. Sticky Slithers
3. Everybody’s On The Line
4. Moons In My Mirror
5. Rainy Summer
6. Concrete Coloured Clothes
8. In Love
9. Dirty Dreams
11. Spooky Dog
12. Back In Town
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.