Measuring up to the 35 year legacy of Vangelis' towering soundtrack to the original Blade Runner film would scare any composer. '2049 director Denis Villeneuve chose Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch to evoke and elaborate upon Vangelis' original cyberpunk strains.
Together, Zimmer and Wallfisch sought to continue the incredible musical legacy of the original 1982 Blade Runner by Vangelis, while imparting a piece of themselves upon the score. In order to do so, they implemented vintage synths such as 'the star of the score' a Yamaha CS80 from the late seventies as well as modern technological innovations, yielding a rich sonic palette wholly cognizant of this world and the vision of director Denis Villeneuve.
A perfect marriage of melody and sound design, Zimmer & Wallfisch succeeded in creating a score which echoed the plaintive synth tones and dystopian sonics of the original, while utilising every bit of contemporary sound science to soundtrack the action with wall shaking bass and frequencies you feel rather than hear. No replicant, but a worthy successor.
02. Sapper’s Tree
03. Flight to LAPD
04. Frank Sinatra – “Summer Wind”
11. Someone Lived This
14. Elvis Presley – “Suspicious Minds”
15. Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires – “Can’t Help Falling in Love”
16. Frank Sinatra – “One For My Baby (And One More For the Road)”
18. That’s Why We Believe
19. Her Eyes Were Green
20. Sea Wall
21. All the Best Memories Are Hers
22. Tears in the Rain
23. Blade Runner
24. Lauren Daigle – “Almost Human”
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.