+ Limited Indie version is pressed on clear vinyl.
The debut album from Hatchie is called 'Keepsake'.
Working once again with producer John Castle (who collaborated on 2018’s debut 'Sugar & Spice' EP) the Brisbane-bred musician known as Harriette Pilbeam decamped to a home studio in Melbourne to record 'Keepsake'.
Having racked up plenty of plaudits over the release of the 'Sugar & Spice' EP with its lush, swoony melodies and hypnotic layers of sound Hatchie marks the next step with her debut album Keepsake – an exploratory adventure that draws from industrial via new wave through to the subtle nuances of pop whilst enveloped with an understated elegance and pure, powerful feeling.
The 'Without A Blush' track is the opening salvo from the album and as she says; “I’m excited to start the next chapter of Hatchie with this first track, it’s the perfect introduction to the feelings and sounds on the rest of the record.” Going further she explains the origins of the song; “this was written in early 2018 when I was focusing on the more industrial, heavy sounds that I wanted on the album. Starting with the bass line I worked on the verses for ages. Having lost the original demo because my programs kept crashing, it ended up being a bit of a blessing because the second time around I had a much more concise vision for the song.”
Throughout 'Keepsake', Hatchie’s kaleidoscopic sonic palette draws out distinctive moods and tones that reveal a depth and imagination both as a musician and a songwriter – synthpop, pulsating beats, cascading guitars and utterly enthralling vocals infuses throughout the album. On that ultimately serves as a document of a particularly kinetic period in Hatchie’s life.
“Harriette Pilbeam is pure jingle-jangle dream-pop joy.” - Sunday Times.
“Inherently pop and oozing with confidence, it’s a fantastic debut.” - i Paper.
“…shoegazey love song is as welcome as a rush of dolly mixtures to the head.” - Guardian.
Not That Kind
Without A Blush
Her Own Heart
Kiss The Stars
Stay With Me
When I Get Out
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.