+ Limited Indie 'Loser' edition pressed on dark green opaque vinyl.
Sam Beam, aka Iron & Wine, released 'Our Endless Numbered Days', his second album in March of 2004. It followed his hushed, literate, intimate, melodic, 2002 debut album, 'The Creek Drank the Cradle', a quiet treasure which, with its unaffected candor and depth, found fans all over.
'Our Endless Numbered Days' was recorded both at Sam’s Miami home and in Chicago’s Engine Studios with Brian Deck (Red Red Meat, Modest Mouse, Ugly Casanova, etc.) On it, Sam is aided and abetted by his then touring and recording conspirators: his sister Sarah Beam, Patrick McKinney, Jeff McGriff, EJ Holowicki, and Jonathon Bradley.
Listening to 'Our Endless Numbered Days' makes plain Sam’s deft touch with words and melody; one that allows him to turn out stories about love, loss, faith, or the lack of it that are at once personal and universal, set to music that is sweetly haunting and timeless.
'Our Endless Numbered Days' is the first Iron & Wine album to be recorded in a professional studio, and it has sold over 460,000 copies as of December, 2018.
This reissue features the original album, plus eight previously unreleased demo versions and a 12-page booklet with an essay about the album by Amanda Petrusich.
On Your Wings
Naked as We Came
Cinder and Smoke
Sunset Soon Forgotten
Teeth in the Grass
Love and Some Verses
Each Coming Night
Free Until They Cut Me Down
Sodom, South Georgia
Naked as We Came (demo)
Cinder and Smoke (demo)
Teeth in the Grass (demo)
Love and Some Verses (demo)
Free Until They Cut Me Down (demo)
Fever Dream (demo)
Sodom, South Georgia (demo)
Passing Afternoon (demo)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.