Released on the Mass Appeal label comes the long lost vocal album, 'The Diary' which J Dilla completed for MCA in early 2000s featuring previously unreleased material by the legendary producer. The tracks come straight from multi-track masters found on 2-inch tape shortly after Dilla’s passing in 2006. Many were mixed by Dilla himself. Those that weren't have been mixed by engineer Dave Cooley, who worked extensively with Dilla during his years in Los Angeles. Using Dilla’s original demo mixes as his guide, Cooley attempted to finalize Dilla’s vision for these tracks, while keeping all of the elements that Dilla had in place in his original demos present. 'The Diary' is an album of vocal performances recorded between in the early 2000s over production by the likes of Madlib, Pete Rock, Nottz, House Shoes, Karriem Riggins and others.
1. The Introduction
2. The Anthem (feat. Frank N Dank)
3. Fight Club (feat. Nottz & Boogie)
4. The Shining Pt. 1 (Diamonds) [feat. Kenny Wray]
5. The Shining Pt. 2 (Ice)
7. Gangsta Boogie (feat. Snoop Dogg & Kokane)
8. Drive Me Wild
9. Give Them What They Want
10. The Creep (The O)
11. The Ex (feat. Bilal)
12. So Far
13. Fuck The Police
14. The Diary
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.