Originally released in March 1970, at a time when Hendrix was at the peak of his powers,
Band of Gypsys featured a new line up consisting of drummer Buddy Miles and bassist Billy Cox. It was recorded across two performances at the Fillmore East on New Year’s Day 1970. The resulting live album captured an incendiary mix of blues, rock, and funk.
The 50th anniversary edition of Band of Gypsys includes an 8 page book featuring rare archival photographs and an essay by Hendrix archivist John McDermott. This edtion has been remastered from the original analogue stereo tapes by Eddie Kramer, long time engineer to Jimi Hendrix.
This 50th anniversary edition is pressed on Dark Red marble effect vinyl.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.