The LP format is expected into stock on 23rd November 2018
In the brief, bright arc that is the career of John Coltrane, 1963 marked a point of
transition between past jazz masterpieces and future work which would transcend the boundaries of the music itself. That year's recorded output shows movement in many directions: a look back at the past, continued examination of a familiar repertoire, exploration of more traditional formats and a look forward at compositions and approaches that would further extend the reach of jazz.
John Coltrane 1963: New Directions collects all of John Coltrane’s 1963 Impulse! recordings in the order in which they were recorded. Released as 5LP and 3CD Box sets including artwork featuring original collages. The box is meant to show the growth in Coltrane’s musical journey in 1963 that ultimately resulted in 1964’s 'Crescent' and, especially, 'A Love Supreme'. The music is taken from the original albums 'Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album' , 'John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman' , 'Dear Old Stockholm' (released after Coltrane’s death), 'Newport ‘63' and 'Live at Birdland'.
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £50 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail and DPD Local.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.