+ Double LP pressed on 180g heavyweight vinyl, housed in a tip-on gatefold jacket.
Hailing from Oshkosh, Nebraska, indie folk/pop singer-songwriter` Josh Rouse began his recording career in Nashville in 1998. Josh started writing songs at the age of 18 and eventually settled in the city where he began recording.
The initial recordings he put onto an 8-track recorder in his living room eventually became his debut album, 'Dressed Up Like Nebraska' which the Run Out Groove label are issuing for the first time on vinyl and expanding into a 2LP set that includes 4 bonus tracks.
Released in 1998, the album received critical acclaim from music writers and critics. Billboard wrote that it was “a dark horse gem...one beguiling record,” and “as pure and unpretentious as any singer/songwriter album issued this year.
Critics praised the album, with CMJ complementing Rouse’s work calling it “a strikingly poised debut brimming with graceful, evocative songs about regret and desire.” It received a four-star review from Allmusic, with James Chrispell describing it as “one of those classic discs one hears about, but seldom hears.”
1. Suburban Sweetheart
2. Dressed Up Like Nebraska
4. Late Night Conversation
2. White Trash Period Of My Life
3. Simple Thing
1. Woman Lost In Serious Problems
1. Late Night Conversation (live)
2. Suburban Sweetheart (demo)
3. Flair (demo)
4. Cannot Talk (demo)
- About Drift
We offer free delivery on orders of £75 and over, sent within mainland UK. To qualify for free delivery, your order will be sent as one dispatch. If your order includes items that are not in stock at the point of ordering, specifically preorder items, then please expect to wait until all items are available to ship as one delivery. If you are waiting for a box to ship, you are most welcome to add more items ('top up') to your box, up to the point we ship it to you.
Click & Collect
On all orders, we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage if you feel like coming and seeing us at the shop in Totnes. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• If you are 'topping up' an order, we advise you contact us when placing the additional order to make sure we notice.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am, on the same day.
• We ship all UK orders with Royal Mail, DHL and Parcelforce.
• We ship outside the UK with DHL.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.