The acclaimed solo debut album by Josh T. Pearson is being re-released as part of Mute's 40th anti-versary celebrations, MUTE 4.0 (1978 > TOMORROW) on limited edition gold vinyl.
The album received phenomenal praise on release; Uncut called it “A stone cold masterpiece” while The Times declared it “Flawless”. Includes ‘Women, When I’ve Raised Hell’ and ’Sweetheart I Ain’t Your Christ’.
Josh T. Pearson's debut solo album is a collection of seven songs drawn from the lessons of what he describes as "a rough year"; songs that are personal, powerful, painful, songs that move with their honesty, that offer hope from the trials he's suffered and survived. The songs were recorded in a Berlin studio in two nights, freshly written and committed to tape after Josh saw how they affected audiences when he played them. It is the bravest album you'll hear in 2011.
Josh T. Pearson is a musician from Texas. His father was a 'fire and brimstone' style southern preacher and this strict religious upbringing has informed much of his musical output.
Josh formed the short-lived but critically acclaimed band Lift to Experience, who released one double album concept record, 2001's The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads, before splitting up soon after. So beloved by John Peel were they that he had them record three sessions in five months and were included in the Best Peel Sessions of all time. The album also regularly appears in MOJO and Uncut 'Best Of 2000s' and 'Lost Classic' polls.
Since Lift To Experience, Josh T. Pearson has released only one studio recording, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, a split 7" single with the Dirty Three and appearing on the Mercury Prize nominated Bat for Lashes album Fur and Gold.
The fact that Josh is still to release his debut solo record has only fuelled the rumours and the mystery that surrounds him.
1. Thou Art Loosed
2. Sweetheart I Ain't Your Christ
3. Woman, When I've Raised Hell
4. Honeymoon's Great! Wish You Were Her
5. Sorry With A Song
6. Country Dumb
7. Drive Her Out
- About Drift
Free Delivery on all UK orders over £50
The Drift Record Shop happily ship all items Worldwide.
• We aim to dispatch orders placed before 11am on the same day.
• We are unable to ship orders on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
• If you purchase a pre-order item amongst an order of in-stock releases, we will typically hold your box until all items are in stock.
• Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that your order is delivered within a specified time, we cannot accept any responsibility for late deliveries due to circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform you of any unexpected delay.
Click & Collect
On all orders we offer a Click & Collect option to avoid unnecessary carriage. Click the Pick up at Drift button during the checkout and you will bypass all shipping during payment.
We try and keep all costs down and also waste as little as possible by recycling envelopes wherever we can.
If you have any questions about shipping or delivery, get in touch.
Come meet us, or have us ship you something in the post.